In addition to the Job Objectives as set out in the Roles and Responsibilities Matrix, the Field Engineer will support best in class telecoms engineering infrastructure and technical services to customers and end clients through teams with competent and qualitative skillsets.
The Field Engineer is responsible for effective duties as set out below. The Field Engineer will be expected to provide Field Deployment & First Line Maintenance support to a varied customer base. Day to day tasks will involve new build deployment activities and/or responding to maintenance calls within SLA, fault finding and hardware replacement with TAC assistance. He/she will also provide support in technical competence, observing Indigo’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
- Provide First Line Maintenance support for Indigo Telecom Group to the current customer base.
- Carry out installation and commissioning duties in both a project and maintenance environment.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met.
- Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
- Provide the Indigo GSC with regular up-to-date information on progress of intervention.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
- Fault Finding. Ability to receive instructions (written and/or verbal) from GSC (Indigo and/or customer) to resolve outstanding issues.
- Installation of metalwork, basket work and basic rack and stack services.
- Fibre and cable pulling, dressing, labelling and securing of same.
- Copper Cable termination including Cat “x” and E1 terminations.
- Ensure continuity, test and measurement of cable and fibre runs.
- Electrical connectivity of 240v AC and up to 48v DC to distribution panels (no power up until certification).
- Controls and Manages Risk Assessment and Method Statement documentation.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Engineering Quality standards are maintained within the business at all times.
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using OTDR testing procedures.
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using Ethernet/OSA testing procedures.
- Perform all necessary installation activities on vendor supplied products and/or supervise the sub-contracting of these activities.
- Where required, perform, manage and record SVSA’s and HSE audits.
- To ensure successful completion of all deployment activities to the customers satisfaction.
- To take ownership of assigned faults through to resolution.
- Excellent writing
- Qualified and experienced in physically building Telecoms Infrastructure services from plans and to Quality requirements.
- Entry level Telecoms Commissioner who is skilled and competent in providing basic standalone product commissioning to a level of “green light and connectivity”.
- Demonstrable “hands on” experience including I&C activity, test equipment, network build, and power.
- 18th edition Electrical Installation City & Guilds
- 18th edition Electrical Test City & Guilds
- Fibre Splicing City & Guilds
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of Nokia, Juniper, Huawei, Tellabs, Infinera and Ciena equipment, plus an in-depth knowledge of networking, optical transmission systems and IP.
- Proven customer interface skills base on experience in similar environments.
- Report writing excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to work under pressure and positively influence others.
- PC literate, especially Microsoft Office 365 suite. Experience of using Visio is essential.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet all SLAs as required.
- Flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
- Full UK Driving Licence