Locations: Scotland and London
The role of the RAN Engineers will primarily be to support project-based activities for National Mobile Network Operators.
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
To provide Field Engineering resources that are analytical, energetic and pragmatic individuals to support ongoing and long-term projects across UK. Key to the success of our projects is not only the skills and experience of the engineers, but also the attitude to the tasks at hand.
Typically, engineers are expected to complete three site upgrades/migrations during a working day, however, this is subject to the availability of geographically suitable sitesThe Field Engineers (FE) will be attending Mobile Network Operator (MNO) sites across UK to perform a number of tasks on 2G, 3G, 4G and radio paging services, including, but not limited to;
- Attendance at multiple RAN, Core, Exchange and/or Hop sites each day
- Interacting with the Customer RAN team to complete daily activities
- Use of transmission testing devices for TDM and Ethernet and Test phones for 2G, 3G and 4G pre/post activity call/capacity testing of Customer Cells
- Transmission testing (TDM/Ethernet), failure diagnosis, accurate fault reporting
- TDM jumpering and subsequent testing
- Access to Laptop on site to act as remote hands – This also necessitates access to cellular data network from another operator to ensure laptop can be remotely managed when activities necessitate
- Creation of Hand-Over Pack post each site visit within standard template
- Provision of Installation materials, provided within a single rack, between racks in a shelter or between racks in a compound – specifically including
- 3002 cable (Indoor and Outdoor) BNCs and Type 43 connectors.
- (CAT6 (Indoor and Outdoor) with RJ-45 connectors (Straight and Crossover).
Attitude, Knowledge and Skills:
Task days are designed to be completed within normal working hours. It must be understood that whilst individual sites typically complete in less than one hour, there are exceptional days when a range of issues may prevent this from being the case. Additionally, high priority sites may be required to be scheduled to complete either at night or weekends. Engineers are expected to be on site by 09:00 and will need to operate within specific outage windows.
TDM and Ethernet test equipment must be provided to all engineers and is the responsibility of the partner.
Engineers must be familiar with a range of technologies and the different mechanisms for the delivery of capacity and the deployment of vendor hardware within a Mobile Operator environment.
- Legacy Transmission – PDH/SDH, NTEs and MDFs – Optical and Electrical
- Ethernet – IP and IPVPN
- TDM, SDH and Ethernet microwave transmission.
- Tellabs 86xx, Cisco 901
- 2G/3G/4G technologies, with hardware and base stations from Huawei, Ericsson, NSN, Nortel
- Must have 5+ years experience in a similar environment
As soon as possible
Application: To apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org